Lockdown Day 15 – Day of Kindness
On the back of the President’s announcement of the 14-day extension of the lockdown and on the first day of the Easter weekend, we thought it fitting to fill today with kindness!
* THE KINDNESS GAME *
It is always nice to be treated to something special. During this lockdown time, we may be missing some special outings and our traditional weekend family gatherings. The news is grim, and our thoughts and actions are consumed with so may non-positives and restrictions.
Let’s change that up today and make today a kind and positive day!
You will need:
- A bowl/ box
- Slips of paper and a pencil
1. Ask each member of the family to writes her/his name on a slip of paper. Help the younger members of the family to do this.
2. Fold the slips of paper and put them into the bowl.
3. Explain the purpose of the game.
Each person will draw a slip of paper from the bowl, and keep the identity of the person whose name they have chosen secret. During the course of the day, each person will perform random acts of kindness to the person whose name they have chosen.
4. Invite each member of the family to choose a slip from the bowl. Do this one at a time so that if someone chooses their own name, they can put it back and choose another slip.
5. Start your Kindness Day!
6. Gather the next morning to reveal who your Kindness Partner was and take this time to discuss your gratitudes.
Wishing you all love, peace and kindness as you start your days!